Mini MC 08 - four free Slate kits (with video)

edited June 2019 in General chat

The kits contain 88 short or trimmed samples from the Memory Collection 08 to demonstrate how they can be used in NanoStudio 2. To release them to NS2 users, I archived the track and it can be downloaded here:
lesproductionszvon.com/download/MC08/Zvon_MC08_groovy_2.nsa

The archive contains the samples spread in 4 kits and the track. It should download directly to your iPad. Watch its video:

The MC 08 is a collection of 3,089 audio samples from 10 Public Domain Comedy movies, including 5 horror ones. They date from 1931 to 1973.

Visit this page for more more info and free demo samples:
http://lesproductionszvon.com/Memory_Collection.htm

For the 10th Anniversary of the first Memory Collection pack, all the packs are 50% off!

Comments

• Thanks! Lotta fun stuff in here !

• Hi legsmechanical,
    You're welcome, glad that you're having fun with the sounds!

• I smell NS2 challenge. Thanks for sharing this!

• @Will said:
    I smell NS2 challenge. Thanks for sharing this!

You're welcome!
    I released the project file as an example so people can see how I built the track using only a few samples from the kits. But your post gave me the following idea if anyone wants to give it a shot.

• Using the same sequence but replacing the samples with other ones
  • @zvon said:

@Will said:
    I smell NS2 challenge. Thanks for sharing this!

You're welcome!
    I released the project file as an example so people can see how I built the track using only a few samples from the kits. But your post gave me the following idea if anyone wants to give it a shot.

• Using the same sequence but replacing the samples with other ones

I like that idea. Could also be fun to use one of the demo songs and replace all sounds with the samples?

Or a single public domain midi file of something like a piece of classical piano music where you’re only allowed to split the notes (and/or sections) to point at new tracks. No other MIDI editing.

• All good ideas too!
    As all the pads are currently in "one-shot" mode", another simple way to modify a sequence, more specifically for the longer samples, is to switch the pads to "sustain" mode and then vary the length of the notes and/or the start time of the samples.

• I took a shot at it and "remixed" the original sequence (twice)!

I basically kept the original sequence but replaced the kits used.

In the original the 4 are in order the MC 08 mini 03, 04, 01 and 02.
    In the Space remix below, they are MC 05 mini 01, 03, MC 08 mini 04 and MC 05 mini 04.
    In the Tempo remix, they are MC 08 mini 04, 01, 02 and MC 05 mini 02.

I slightly tweaked it by adding 3 or 4 notes to each new sequence and I made a few tempo changes in the "Tempo" remix. And I deleted some silence in the "Space" audio file.

lesproductionszvon.com/download/MC08/Zvon_MC08_groovy_space_remix.mp3

lesproductionszvon.com/download/MC08/Zvon_MC08_groovy_tempo_remix.mp3

• Newbie to NS here. I downloaded the .nsa file and it appeared in the Archive folder in NanoStudio on my iPad but how do I get the kits out of it and into Slate?

• Hi and welcome to NS2!
    Use the top leftmost icon to get to the project menu, then press the load button on the right. On the left of the new page that opens, you will see the types of projects (Recent, My Projects, Templates...), press Archived and then double press on the name of the archive and it will load with all the kits and the sequence.

Once the song has loaded, you have access to the kits and samples.