Dubstep

edited March 7 in General chat

Is there a way to make dub wobbles from scratch in NS2?

Comments

• Yes. It isn’t my forte, but have you looked at some of the existing IAP patches like CallDatMassive, DarkSyn, or MetalWub? Maybe deconstruct those for some tips?

• I was looking for a way to make wobble bass using the default patch, maybe looking at the configurations on the pre-sets will help! thanks!

• The IAP patch DubBuzzed is interesting - it uses samples and then modulates the sound with filter and level for a wobble effect. Generate/find some samples and swap them out and you could makes a lot of variations. Same with DubHardGnarl. DubWub has a classic dub sound, but it has 2 oscs of FM and one Nanosaw. I can’t get my head around FM, but just tweaking some parameters can be an interesting way to find new variations.

• edited April 24

what options for resonance do we have in NS2?

• edited April 28

EQ-3B & Stereo Filter offer some control over resonance, or AUv3 FX

• Where are those lol

• https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/Effects.html

Access from the Mixer by tapping Audio FX
    Other FX available from within Obsidian or Slate

• How do I switch out samples?

• Interesting… not sure what to do with it

• edited May 25

Wobble rate is a lifesaver lol

I’m having a lot of fun in the oscillators too

• edited May 27

How do you turn glide mode on?
    How do you duplicate tracks?

• edited May 28

Working on a dubstep project right now

• One last question - how do I upload files from the files app?

• In OSC, select VOICE, then use the arrowa under Ployphony to choose Glide, or Mono, or various amounts of Polyphony.

To Duplicate a track, select desired track and press Duplicate at bottom.

Uploading files is a bit more involved so I recommend reading the manual

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/AudioAndMIDIFiles.html

• edited May 31

I meant how do you duplicate an instrument…

Thanks for the tip on gliding!!!! It’s one of my favorite features in nanostudio!!

Also, does NS2 “respond” to NS1?

• edited July 4

I think I would just use “save as” most of the time, but you can also select “copy”

• how do you make a "Yai" sound???

• I’m not sure. To make it from scratch as a pure synth preset probably is possible, but I haven’t tried it. If it were me I would first try to get a sample online. Then in Obsidian tweak the sound a bit to the desired degree. You could even use your voice as a sample.

• @ollie said:
    how do you make a "Yai" sound???

Try this. Starting from init/default patch(from scratch)

OSC1 - analog saw default
    OSC2 - Analog saw, phase 28deg, tune -2cents, transpose -12
    OSC3 - Wavetable, signal to filter 2, table Hum, Pos 100%
    Filter 1 - LP 12-A, Cutoff 382hz, Q 8.5, Drive 25%
    Filter2 - WS Lo-fi, Cutoff(decimate) 36%,
    Mix 100%, Drive 0%
    LFO4 to modulate Filter1 Cutoff, Level 9%, type Sine, Sync Key, Beats 1/8

From there if you like it you can modulate all sorts of things and swap oscillators etc.
    Hope that helps;)

• Nice one! That’s a good start for a dubstep patch. Tweaking that gets a good range of sounds.

• @SlapHappy said:
    Nice one! That’s a good start for a dubstep patch. Tweaking that gets a good range of sounds.

At least that’s what I imagined under “Yai” sound. I hope it helps if @ollie is still around;)

• edited July 30

I’m still here
    Thanks a lot
    I’ll test it out soon!

• edited July 30

Goood bass!

• What can I use to go really fast?

• On the LFO page, try adjusting the Level and Rate. Setting rate to 1/12 produced an interesting rhythmic feel I kinda liked. It may not be right for all projects though.
    Try switching Osc waves or messing with the filters. Save with Save As for any versions you want to save and keep messing around until you find sounds you like.