Is there a way to remove part length from the front instead of the back?

Whenever I play in stuff live I sometimes start too late. At the moment I select all, copy all notes to the front of the part and then remove length from the back.

Is there a way to remove it from the front?

Comments

• edited June 2019

not directly but what you can do is

• turn off grid snap (double tap on grid icon)
    • zoom
    • select clip
    • set playhead directly on position where you want to have new start of recorded clip
    • actions > split
    • delete first empty splited part
  • Or select all the notes and just slide them to the correct position with the leftmost drag handle. That’s also quicker than copying and pasting.

• @Stiksi said:
    Or select all the notes and just slide them to the correct position with the leftmost drag handle. That’s also quicker than copying and pasting.

This is what I do. In the part editor, double tap to select all and then just drag them. Then, back in the song editor, drag the right edge in (or split it off and delete it).

One thing to note if you don't use quantize when recording: you have to make sure the first note in the selection is at the "1" position you want. As an example, let's say you've recorded a bunch of quarter notes but your first one was particularly late. If you select all and drag that to the start of the clip, all of your other quarter notes will be coming in early. So, make sure that first note is spaced from the second 'properly' and then drag. Again, this is only really relevant if you don't use Quantize when recording.

If you use Quantize when recording, you could also set the grid to your quantize value (say 1/8 or whatever) in the song view. Zoom in close in song view, put the playhead at the first note and then split the clip. Delete the empty first bit and drag the remaining clip to the correct start position.

• Thanks guys! Will try to record quantized from now on.