Feature Request - Sidechain signal into EQ-3B

Basically, I'm looking for something like this...

...where I can insert the EQ on, say, the master track, sidechain a reference track into the EQ, and see the frequency content of both so I can EQ the master track to the reference track. You don't actually hear the reference track but rather only see its frequency content in red.

The reason I'm asking for this is so I can master my tracks in Nanostudio 2 rather than having to bounce them out to Auria Pro. :) Thank you for reading.

Comments

• that would be really handy !

• @dendy said:
    that would be really handy !

Indeed it would mate. :) And just to avoid confusion, I'm not asking for the automatic EQ matching function as that often comes off sounding pants rather than natural/musical. :lol: Just the frequency content of both displayed at the same time.

• hat often comes off sounding pants rather than natural/musical.

yeah totally agree, always when i tried automatic EQ matching on desktop, it ended sounding weird and i need to totally retweak it .. until there will be not added some advanced AI into EQ-3B, i's wasting of time ..

Just being able to see spectrum from other channel would be cool.. i will open this topic in discussions with Matt at some point, this is exactly that kind of feature which looks minor at first look but with major impact on workflow. (It's same like ability to see "ghost notes" from other clip when editing some clip - that would be supercool too :))

• @dendy said:

hat often comes off sounding pants rather than natural/musical.

yeah totally agree, always when i tried automatic EQ matching on desktop, it ended sounding weird and i need to totally retweak it .. until there will be not added some advanced AI into EQ-3B, i's wasting of time ..

Just being able to see spectrum from other channel would be cool.. i will open this topic in discussions with Matt at some point, this is exactly that kind of feature which looks minor at first look but with major impact on workflow. (It's same like ability to see "ghost notes" from other clip when editing some clip - that would be supercool too :))

Ghost notes would be bloody ripper. Perfect for complextro/dubstep/bass house as well as orchestration. Thank you Dendy for being a mate. :)