Couple of new user questions

In the sequencer:

The piano-note keys (on the left) aren't making sound when i press them, sure i can touch on the grid but that draws a note. Am I missing something? Pulling up a piano from the bottom would be nice.

Slate in 'sequencer', unable to place instruments on lower or higher notes. It's just on or off and volume up or down.
Sure i can change the note as a whole but not independently?

Comments

• The piano-note keys (on the left) aren't making sound when i press them, sure i can touch on the grid but that draws a note. Am I missing something?

You're not. That piano is for navigation/information only at the moment. I think switching it to trigger notes is on the todo list. Most of us just draw one and then drag the note around until we find the pitch (just like dragging your finger on the piano, really).

Slate in 'sequencer', unable to place instruments on lower or higher notes. It's just on or off and volume up or down.
    Sure i can change the note as a whole but not independently?

Sorry, I'm not understanding the question. If you mean you can't play a single Slate pad chromatically, that's correct. Load the sample into Obsidian to play chromatically. If you mean change the MIDI note of a Slate pad, you can do that via Pad->Setup.

• Thanks, good help.