Automating effects within parts

Is there a way to automate an effect (either an NS2 effect or an AU3) within a part?

When I look at the part automation, only the macros on the instrument itself are shown.

On the track automation screen, the NS2 effects are shown too.

However I like using part automation as it means you can move them around without it messing everything up.

If not, I was trying to find a way to connect a macro to an effect parameter but couldn't see how to do this.

Is there a good way around this?

Thanks!

Comments

• @brianthecat said:
    Is there a way to automate an effect (either an NS2 effect or an AU3) within a part?

When I look at the part automation, only the macros on the instrument itself are shown.

However I like using part automation as it means you can move them around without it messing everything up.

If not, I was trying to find a way to connect a macro to an effect parameter but couldn't see how to do this.

Thanks!

Unfortunately these are simply a missing features. There's no way around these at this time.

• @brianthecat said:

Thanks!

You can assign an Obsidian effect to a macro knob and control Multi-FX, Delay and Reverb. That will move with the part.

If you have FX with Track Automation, it’s not too difficult to duplicate and slide a group of keyframes around. Just select a group of keyframes and hit Duplicate. The duped keyframes will stay selected. Then just slide them to wherever you need them. They will snap based on your grid settings. Bar is usually good for this kind of thing.