Ruismaker Noir: create midi clips

I want to record the sequence patterns from Ruismaker Noir into midi clips on NS2.
This works fine in Garageband, however, with NS2 I don´t get it to work.

I have tried the workaround, using the MIDI Route midi effect, but that only seems to work when another midi effect is added to the midi fx chain (like Rozeta for example).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Wow...I Know Ihave done it, but I can’t remember the exact process. 😟 I may have used Audiobus 3 to host the Ruismaker Noir and pipe its MIDI stream into NS2, with Ableton Link syncing them...

• Thanks, Shabudua. Not using Audiobus myself. But for what you say, I conclude that this kind of issue has not been solved by the developer.
    Good to know! I will investigate possible alternatives then: maybe using AUM, exporting from Cubasis or maybe exporting from the stand-alone app...

• Update: importing the midifile from Cubasis, is what worked out best for me.
    It would be nice though, if with some future update I would not have to use Cubasis anymore, nor "MIDI Route". After the introduction of Cubasis 3 and its pricing model for existing users, I would rather stick with NS2.

• Glad you found a solution. Should also be able to host it in AUM and send the MIDI out of AUM into a MIDI Instrument track in NS2. Use LINK to keep them in sync.

You'll prolly want to set it to a specific MIDI channel which you can set up on the MIDI Instrument track's Input setup. More info here: https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/Mixer.html#track-io

• @Will said:
    Glad you found a solution. Should also be able to host it in AUM and send the MIDI out of AUM into a MIDI Instrument track in NS2. Use LINK to keep them in sync.

You'll prolly want to set it to a specific MIDI channel which you can set up on the MIDI Instrument track's Input setup. More info here: https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/Mixer.html#track-io

Thanks, man! I guess AUM is currently the way to go.
    Although I really hope that the ability to record the midi from the AU´s directly into NS2 is on the developer´s to-do list. There are a lot of different AU´s that generate midi patterns and having to use a workaround in order to capture them with your DAW, reveals that NS2 unfortunately still is missing some rather essential features.

• @Chucky It's on the list for sure. Where on the list is unknown but he's definitely aware it needs to be addressed.