Ability to sliced audio

I appreciate that audio tracks are coming (which may mean this is null and void?) but I’d love to see the ability to slice audio similar to BeatMaker 3.

For example, taking audio such as a drum break, then slicing each beat to a pad in slate, similarly when you bounce out audio such as chords and want to trigger each chord separately.

I know it’s possible to do this by copying a sample to another pad and changing the start / end times but it’s a bit long-winded.

Comments

• @L_Hertz said:
    I appreciate that audio tracks are coming (which may mean this is null and void?) but I’d love to see the ability to slice audio similar to BeatMaker 3.

For example, taking audio such as a drum break, then slicing each beat to a pad in slate, similarly when you bounce out audio such as chords and want to trigger each chord separately.

I know it’s possible to do this by copying a sample to another pad and changing the start / end times but it’s a bit long-winded.

For now I use ReSlice from VirSyn. It creates slices that are adjustable and exports a zip of wav’s. Then just drop them into Slate.

• Thanks @anickt - I’ll check that out!