NS2 Auto Save Saved nothing....

Hello there.
Unfortunatelly it is too late to make screenshots cause they wont show the problem that occured.
I Started a new project->Saved it and started elaborating.
I used both internal instruments and 2-3 AU plugins.
I cant even remember the AU`s cause there is nothing saved....
Started with 4 tracks and when it crashed i was at 7-8.
After the crash i hit "Last Saved" "Autosave" or how its called.

Nothing. Not one Midi clip saved, All Au tracks gone. The idea-sketch =Erased.

How come autosave saved nothing?

I use it on an ipad 5 32gb from 2018

Kind Regards

S

Comments

• edited June 2019

@sirspank Oh man, that stings. 🙁 Did you get a crash report? You can find them in Settings app -> Privacy -> Analytics

If you can find the crash report, send it to me as a private message and I’ll pass it to Matt. If it happens again and you get more details down, we can help troubleshoot.

• edited June 2019

I'm not sure what is autosave logic .. Isn't that it saves only during things like "app is put on backgroud" or "app is closed" or "ios reported insufficient memory" ?

Not sure if there is also some timeout like "autosave every X minutes" ...

If this is the case, then obviously autosave will not "save" you before crash. When crash happens, especially if it is caused by external plugin, there is no chance NS2 can do autosave stuff right before it crashes.

• Most apps autosave every time a change is made, that's how apps are supposed to save on iOS.

• @richardyot said:
    Most apps autosave every time a change is made, that's how apps are supposed to save on iOS.

That's how I have understood NS does it also. Something's clearly gone wrong here.

• edited June 2019

After the crash i hit "Last Saved" "Autosave" or how its called.

Just to be sure - you pressed this "autosaved" icon to load autosaved version ?
    And what was date / time there ? Was it after "User save" item or same ?