Volume automation goes up in strange percentage

It goes up +/- 1,5 % each step, very noticeable. You can see percentage jumping instead of smooth transition.

Cant remember having this problem, must have done it differently...

Comments

• edited November 2021

Yes, it does seem to do that. The automation’s resolution is limited to 128 midi values, which is what’s showing in the editor. Looks like it’s using short interpolation between values but the step size changes when you adjust the curve (between 1 an 1,3 in my test), so I’m not sure what exactly is happening.

Edit: I tried a different synth (Kauldron) and did a similar volume automation and it was fine. It looks like a limitation in SM1. It may just have a low resolution master volume adjustment for some reason. Turning the knob in SM1’s own interface gets the same kind of stepped result.

You could have used SM1’s filter volume but frustratingly it’s not one of the hundreds of settings SM1 allows you to assign to performance knobs. Maybe there’s a workaround within SM1 but honestly, I would just slap a NS Stereo Gain on the track and use track automation.

• @Stiksi said:
    Yes, it does seem to do that. The automation’s resolution is limited to 128 midi values, which is what’s showing in the editor. Looks like it’s using short interpolation between values but the step size changes when you adjust the curve (between 1 an 1,3 in my test), so I’m not sure what exactly is happening.

Edit: I tried a different synth (Kauldron) and did a similar volume automation and it was fine. It looks like a limitation in SM1. It may just have a low resolution master volume adjustment for some reason. Turning the knob in SM1’s own interface gets the same kind of stepped result.

You could have used SM1’s filter volume but frustratingly it’s not one of the hundreds of settings SM1 allows you to assign to performance knobs. Maybe there’s a workaround within SM1 but honestly, I would just slap a NS Stereo Gain on the track and use track automation.

+1 for automating a Stereo Gain insert to do what you want here.

NS2 provides so many tools so you can workaround problems in badly designed/implemented 3rd party auV3s 👍

• Hello, sorry I completely forgot this topic.
    Thanks for the input, will look into it. I moved on from that project thats why i forgot and didn't got any replies for a week. 🙂