Precise Adjustments (Values)

edited May 2021 in General chat

Is there an easy and accurate way to make very precise adjustments to values in NS2? eg. Long pressing on a fader/knob value to allow you to enter a very specific value (-6.6dB)?

Comments

• edited May 2021

Double tapping a control resets it to it’s default position in NS2. That is fairly standard for iOS synths/fx apps and I like it and would not want that to change. iOS synths/fx and music apps that don’t have that really annoy me.

I agree though that it would be much easier to set precise values by inputting them as text (like you can do in the superb Drambo) - how many times have I wanted to set a value to -6db and the closest I can get is -6.1db or -5.9db ? It is so annoying for my OCD!

Also how many times have I set an eq to a precise value - or as close as it will allow - only for that value to jump to something else completely when I lift my finger? The same with any adjustable screen element - and it really is super annoying! Even more annoying than my -6db issue described above! This also occurs in many other apps on iOS devices, not just NS2.

So, I suggest a long-press of the control you want to set which will then open a textbox in a popup with an OK button and a Cancel button. Enter the value you want to set the control to in the textbox (+/- numeric), click OK, the popup disappears and the control value is set to the value you entered.

I personally would find this a great enhancement to a great product, although I have to be realistic in probably not expecting to see it ever implemented (I understand why - it wasn’t meant as a criticism of the developer, circumstances being as they are).

Stay safe & healthy as much as your personal circumstances allow y’all 👍

• Also how many times have I set an eq to a precise value - or as close as it will allow - only for that value to jump to something else completely when I lift my finger?

I have the same issue. But reading your message I just realized that I never tried using a stylus for these cases. That might solve it I suppose (haven't tried yet).

I have an iPad stylus, but I suppose a regular touchscreen pen might already help a bit.