Bluetooth midi out - won't pair with macbook

I want to send midi over bluetooth from NS2 to my MacBook. I set up Bluetooth in Audio Midi Setup on mac and advertised the port. In nano studio settings, my Macbook is seen. When I select it in nanostudio, I get a connecting message and then nothing, the message turns back into "not connected".

Any info on why this might be happening?

Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7)

Comments

• @mre8 said:
    I want to send midi over bluetooth from NS2 to my MacBook. I set up Bluetooth in Audio Midi Setup on mac and advertised the port. In nano studio settings, my Macbook is seen. When I select it in nanostudio, I get a connecting message and then nothing, the message turns back into "not connected".

Any info on why this might be happening?

Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7)

Workin' here on Big Sur (11.1) with iOS 13.7.

• Have you tried turning your iDevice and your mac off and on again? Bluetooth and macs... there’s always something the matter there. I would just use a lightning cable but I know that might not suit your use case.

• I’ve run into issues before when I’ve forgotten that a device was connected to more than one place. Also, if there are non-midi pairings between the devices, they can interfere with BLE Midi connections. If you have any standard parings, cause both devices to forget those connections.