4Pockets Multitrack Audio Recorder Auv3

edited October 2019 in General chat

hopefully this will quiet the audio tracks whining for a while =)

Comments

• Unfortunately not it seems. Best i can tell there’s no way to use this with a mic yet. At best you can use it to record synths and other inputs within nanostudio. Maybe good for making Multis or “freezing” tracks.

• edited October 2019

@chocobitz825

There is small workaround.

You can record audio using Obsidian or Slate - NS build in recorder can record to loop selection, can record in sync with sequncer and you even can set treshold and it starts record when input exceds that treshold and stops when it falls bellow treshold.

After you record audio, you just save it somewhere (to library).

Now you go to MultiTrack AU .. open "Audio pool" , choose "Import" and browser in Apple Files app on My iPad > Nanostudio > Library > Audio > Whatever you saved your file recorded in Obsidian or Slate

Tap file.

Done. It is loaded in Multitrack audio pool and now you can drop it to multitrack timeline.

• @dendy said:
    @chocobitz825

There is small workaround.

You can record audio using Obsidian or Slate - NS build in recorder can record to loop selection, can record in sync with sequncer and you even can set treshold and it starts record when input exceds that treshold and stops when it falls bellow treshold.

After you record audio, you just save it somewhere (to library).

Now you go to MultiTrack AU .. open "Audio pool" , choose "Import" and browser in Apple Files app on My iPad > Nanostudio > Library > Audio > Whatever you saved your file recorded in Obsidian or Slate

Tap file.

Done. It is loaded in Multitrack audio pool and now you can drop it to multitrack timeline.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll have to give it a try. It’s unfortunate because I’ve written full songs for commercial release with Nanostudio while on the road, and the lack of audio tracks is Just the only thing that makes it less than a complete studio solution. There are no doubts ways to work around with 4pockets app, but I don’t know if it will be worth the time it takes to do so. I’d probably be better off just bouncing the whole track from nanostudio and working on audio in another daw. (My focus for audio tracks is vocals)

Nonetheless, imo, nanostudio 2 is the best and I hope audio tracks, or maybe some collaborative workaround between nanostudio and 4pockets comes down the line soon. Honestly even if nanostudio’s immediate solution was just a way to route mic input to 4pockets app, for me that’d be more than enough for now.

• just give a try that workaround.. it's not that complicated like it may sound.. intried to samole some external synth - live playimg to the rest of playing track - and it was easy... yeah it's few more taps but still totally useable ...

anoter option is run standalone version og multitrack - record it there .. immediately after yoz switch tomnanostudio, recorded audio will be available inside multiTrack plugin audio pool, somyou can just drop it to timeline of multitrack AU...

• I’ll have to see how realistically the work-around would work for me. It feels like a bit of work to get full verses and choruses recorded. Thanks again though!

• edited November 2019

I tried slightly different approach that involves Audiobus and AUM.

1. Add NS2 as an audio input in Audiobus and route it to AUM.
    2. In AUM add this as an audio input and route it to the hardware out.
    3. Add the microphone as another input in AUM and add MTR as an insert effect into that channel. Optionally route this channel to an AUM Mix bus to avoid feedback.
    4. Enable Ableton Link in NS2 and AUM.
    5. Now also add MTR as an instrument in NS2. Push 'host sync' in both instances.

Now you can record in the MTR AUM instance and then use that recording in the NS2 instance while Ableton Link keeps AUM and NS2 in sync. Unfortunately you always have to pull back the playhead in NS2 and AUM separately as Link does not sync song positions. That's quite a hassle but now you can use insert FX during recording and it's much better to record multiple takes in MTR than with the NS2 sampler.

What I do not really understand is that you can start the song in AUM and NS2 syncs perfectly but not the other way round. If that would work I'd prefer to have MTR in AUM only. Any ideas why AUM doesn't do start/stop when triggered in NS2? Also a pity that both can not act as a MIDI clock slave as that would also solve the problem.

• @krassmann for what you need AB in this setup ? You can load NS as IAA generator directly in AUM, not needed to route it into AUM from AB ...

• edited November 2019

Any ideas why AUM doesn't do start/stop when triggered in NS2?

NS currently doesn't support Link start/stop features... it's on todolist

• Can this be used within NS2 to bounce tracks?

• @dustmoses said:
    Can this be used within NS2 to bounce tracks?

Yes, just put it to insert FX slot instead of to instrument slot .. then it records all audio which is coming to that track. Don't forget to activate "monitoring" button in Multitrack, otherwise you will not hear audio which is passing through plugin ..

• I wonder if you open the multitrack app in nanostudio you can add vocals live through this app and use the fx in nanostudio?

• @rolandobabel said:
    I wonder if you open the multitrack app in nanostudio you can add vocals live through this app and use the fx in nanostudio?

The only thing you can not do is record a signal from outside NS into it while it is hosted in NS. You can record into it in standalone mode and use that file in NS or you can use a previously recorded file and yes, you can add any effects onto the channel.