Really loving NS2...But...

edited December 2018 in Support

...we really need some way of recording Midi from the internal MidiFX routing. I had way too much fun having the Rozeta tools driving Obsedian and Aparillo...and further routing Sends to some great audioFX...but ultimately i could only listen and enjoy it in real time. I want to share these sessions but i can’t. πŸ₯Ί

With no proper way to internally record Midi or Audio in the app...I’m a bit frustrated. I hear these luscious sounds cascading from my headphones, but they are trapped there...ephemeral utterances of my spirit fading away before they can ever be shared.

The app is amazing. Obsedian is magical. Splendid work and effort on it.

I just hope we get Midi recording from the internal midifx routing very very soon.

Great job on the app @Blip Interactive it is a work of art, beauty and stability...i hope to share my ambient noodlings with you soon πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’“ please see above request πŸ‘ŠπŸΌβ„’οΈ

Fwiw, i can already see that NS2 will allow me to do almost everything i do in AUM when creating my longer form ambient work...soon i hope we all can do this.

Thanks for hearing me out. I’m a convert. Thank you for sharing your vision with us. It is truly a blessed gift to all us knob noodlers out here. πŸ€ͺ

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

And before someone mentions AB and midiflow...i know...it’s just a workflow pain and it isn’t stable...believe me, i had it working...went and had dinner, came back and AB had crashed...grrrrr....so you see why i want to keep it all nice and tidy in NS2 πŸ€”πŸ€“

Comments

• I total agree with @echoopera sentiments, I can see NS2 becoming my go to DAW once it gets proper midi FX routing recording.

• @echoopera right there with you. i am fully converted to ns2 now but being able to record rozeta would make it absolutely delicious.

• @echoopera said:
    ...we really need some way of recording Midi from the internal MidiFX routing. I had way too much fun having the Rozeta tools driving Obsedian and Aparillo...and further routing Sends to some great audioFX...but ultimately i could only listen and enjoy it in real time. I want to share these sessions but i can’t. πŸ₯Ί

With no proper way to internally record Midi or Audio in the app...I’m a bit frustrated. I hear these luscious sounds cascading from my headphones, but they are trapped there...ephemeral utterances of my spirit fading away before they can ever be shared.

I just hope we get Midi recording from the internal midifx routing very very soon.

Great job on the app @Blip Interactive it is a work of art, beauty and stability...i hope to share my ambient noodlings with you soon πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’“ please see above request πŸ‘ŠπŸΌβ„’οΈ

Fwiw, i can already see that NS2 will allow me to do almost everything i do in AUM when creating my longer form ambient work...soon i hope we all can do this.

Thanks for hearing me out. I’m a convert. Thank you for sharing your vision with us. It is truly a blessed gift to all us knob noodlers out here. πŸ€ͺ

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

And before someone mentions AB and midiflow...i know...it’s just a workflow pain and it isn’t stable...believe me, i had it working...went and had dinner, came back and AB had crashed...grrrrr....so you see why i want to keep it all nice and tidy in NS2 πŸ€”πŸ€“

I believe that audio recording might be available with audio tracks update, not sure for midi though but I guess that is on road plan( I might be wrong here so take it with pinch of salt )

• Yes @Blip Interactive Please I’m such a hack I need all the help I can get. Recording midi would save me!!! Great work so far!!

• I’m in the same boat - trying to leave Auria/Xequencer but need audio tracks and AB before I can finally make the switch. I’m loving NS2 (the sequencer is fabulous) and looking forward to updates that address Audio/MIDI recording. I’ve got too much $$$ invested in my non AuV3 synth apps to just abandon them.

• @Cray23 said:

@echoopera said:

I believe that audio recording might be available with audio tracks update, not sure for midi though but I guess that is on road plan( I might be wrong here so take it with pinch of salt )

You’ll get the audio in a mixdown. I’ve had several Rozeta devices driving Slate and Obsidian. Bram Bos apps work great with NS2.

• edited December 2018

FWIW spent 20 or so minutes this morning getting an AB template setup to drive NS2 and insure that i can capture midi notes.

This will work for now...but i really can’t wait for internal recording to become available in the app...it will help with creative flow and happy accidents on a daily basis.

• @echoopera Could you possibly post your AudioBus preset?

(For those who think that AB is not needed, this is one of the fantastic features)

• Sure thing. Here you go:
    Audiobus preset 'nanoStudio 2 Setup': http://preset.audiob.us/X5ynnC9JvMN1GA3

• @echoopera said:
    Sure thing. Here you go:

Many thanks, did directly connect to my current NS2 setup :)

• @echoopera said:
    Sure thing. Here you go:

Many thanks for this!

• @echoopera said:
    Sure thing. Here you go:

Very generous. Probably a bit out of my league, but appreciate your willingness to invite us into the Lab.