Apps that have increased in value in a post IAA world

Ravenscroft piano.

I have had it for an age, but never really got into making it earn its corn, preferring instead to use patches I'd perfected in Module. But Module no AU. No NS2. So Ravenscroft. Which, it turns out, is lovely. So: plus plus.

Anything else that has come similarly to mind?

Comments

• Closest for me is Kleverb standing in for AltiSpace. It's not a convolution reverb (Herr Blip's on the case there) but it's a fine thing.

• For me most have decreased in value with the advent of NS2. B)

• I’m finally getting to use iSem, which is lovely! On the other hand, it is petty ironic that I have two FX apps under the moniker AUFX (Space and Dub), which aren’t, in fact, AU effects at all but only capable of IAA. The mind boggles.

• @Stiksi yeah, iSem is great... and as ex-owner of original Analogue Solutions SemBlance i must say iSEM is very close to real thing !

• @Stiksi said:
    I’m finally getting to use iSem, which is lovely! On the other hand, it is petty ironic that I have two FX apps under the moniker AUFX (Space and Dub), which aren’t, in fact, AU effects at all but only capable of IAA. The mind boggles.

Yar. I reaalllllly want Space and Dub to make the leap. I'd happily pay again for the work. They're still my favorite iOS reverb and delay apps, respectively. Just enough control over the sound and pretty much every setting just sounds good to my ears.

• @Stiksi said:
    I’m finally getting to use iSem, which is lovely! On the other hand, it is petty ironic that I have two FX apps under the moniker AUFX (Space and Dub), which aren’t, in fact, AU effects at all but only capable of IAA. The mind boggles.

They were made, and named that, long before AU on iOS was a thing.

• Every synth that works with the NanoStudio patch browser is getting more love from me than it did before. Choosing a sound rather than a synth is a game changer.

• @Will said:

@Stiksi said:

Yar. I reaalllllly want Space and Dub to make the leap. I'd happily pay again for the work. They're still my favorite iOS reverb and delay apps, respectively. Just enough control over the sound and pretty much every setting just sounds good to my ears.

I feel the same about Crystalline. Really want that to happen!

• @Stiksi said:

@Will said:

@Stiksi said:

Yup. Without being too old-fashioned about it if the AUFX and Holderness effects went AU I'd probably be done for 2019...And, yes, I'd buy then again.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Yup. Without being too old-fashioned about it if the AUFX and Holderness effects went AU I'd probably be done for 2019...And, yes, I'd buy then again.

Samesies. Especially Crystalline and Johnny. I love and miss them in Aulandia.

• Synthmaster Player by KVVR just went AU today!

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Synthmaster Player by KVVR just went AU today!

Funny, because pre-NS2 I would have been 'ah....nice....okey doke...' whereas as soon as I heard about it now I grabbed Tiny Tim and danced around the room singing and shouting....

• @Stiksi said:

Funny you mention that, but it was one more plugin that I should have suggested to @Blip Interactive to code/add. A decent shimmer pitch-shift/delay would have been really nice. But I guess it may happen anyway.

• @tom_tm said:

@Stiksi said:

Funny you mention that, but it was one more plugin that I should have suggested to @Blip Interactive to code/add. A decent shimmer pitch-shift/delay would have been really nice. But I guess it may happen anyway.

Even a pitch shifter would be enough to do it as an fx chain.

• edited December 2018

@tom_tm did you check obsidian factory preset "Shimmering" ? Delay time modulated by envelope, it creates nice pitch shifting delay effect :)

I know it's not true shimmer reverb - but at least i tried to go in that direction :-)

• ‘Post IAA world’....?? erm, I’ve been using a few IAA apps more often than I’ve been using ns2 the past couple of weeks. Feel bad for people missing out on them.....

• @dendy said:
    @tom_tm did you check obsidian factory preset "Shimmering" ? Delay time modulated by envelope, it creates nice pitch shifting delay effect :)

I know it's not true shimmer reverb - but at least i tried to go in that direction :-)

I haven't really explored the presets. Too busy building my own. However the ability to quantise an LFO then modulate the HP filter on the second filter makes me all warm inside. Who needs stupid end-of-line IAA apps anyway?

• I just purchased 4Pocket's Pitch Shift AUv3. I'll report back to tell you how I get on.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Synthmaster Player by KVVR just went AU today!

Nice to see more and more apps going AU. Future looks bright.

• edited January 2019

Don't mind me. Just sitting in the corner muttering D1 D1 D1 to myself on the basis that it can't hurt etc.