How to integrate Riffer

2»

Comments

• And I used to use Tuareg. It was an awesome little sequencer.

• ok ok .. i completely (thankfully) forgot that there are exists Windows :trollface::pB)

• wow - Hammerhead... I had almost forgotten about that. Need to dig up my old Win98ME floppies.

• @Cyril said:

@toneman said:
    The reply I got was “AUv3 still does not officially support MIDI plugins” and that they were working on it.

Weird answer... although I don’t really know what your question was.

My post said “there are many of us who need this as an AUv3 MIDI FX app instead (of a Synth app)”

• I guess the problem just like @Fruitbat1919 pointed out, the developers haven't really grasped the click and drag thing which could be done, but not so in the existing AUv3 format- or at least what I know. So it stays as a synth, even though it doesn't make any sound. Unfortunately until people figure out that both AB as well as IAA technically are 'dead', and AB developers still want to be paid, users will keep demanding this outdated tech.

• @toneman said:

@Cyril said:

@toneman said:
    The reply I got was “AUv3 still does not officially support MIDI plugins” and that they were working on it.

Weird answer... although I don’t really know what your question was.

My post said “there are many of us who need this as an AUv3 MIDI FX app instead (of a Synth app)”

Ok, that would have been my question as well ! 😉
    But I understand the answer better, with the desktop / iOS conflict to resolve when you only have developed desktop applications so far. And to be fair, AU midi FX is really new, so let’s give him so time !

• @tom_tm said:
    Unfortunately until people figure out that both AB as well as IAA technically are 'dead', and AB developers still want to be paid, users will keep demanding this outdated tech.

That’s harsh for AB... But even if it’s true, I think users are simply asking what’s best and it’s now obvious that AU has outdated AB (not to mention IAA). So I don’t think that users are still asking for AB compatibility, on the contrary...

• Sorry, it probably was a bit too harsh a comment, so I apologise for that. :)

• Most of this is all Apple's fault anyway. Apple failed to realise just how successful iOS was going to be- hardly surprising when their marketing team largely were looking at Palm apps like Datebook and trying to figure out how to pair a phone with an Apple Newton. I don't think they even entertained the fact that a handful of extremely talented developers- namely Oliver Witchow and Olivier Gillet were busy making powerful music apps such as Nanoloop and Bhajis Loops for pocket PDA's. Small wonder that when Nanostudio came along, the newly born iPhone suddenly had the potential of being a powerful workstation.

It was always a good move on Apple's behalf to port OS X to a mobile platform, and Apple should have from the start have seen the potential and responded by adding Audio Unit development right from the start. I think it had something to do with security as unlike the Palm Treo for example that could record phone calls, Apple made damn sure you couldn't on iOS. Or at least to begin with. Hence the workaround apps that emerged like AudioBus. But it must be really hard for those early developers to move at the pace that Apple dictates- or actually I know this because I once was part of a two-man development partnership (if anyone has 'iExterminate!' on an old iPhone- rejoice and laugh to your hears content- as the 'Dalek' voice is yours truly!!) But my partner Andy- who did all the coding, wanted to find Steve Jobs and place him on the next available shuttle with the controls very much set to crash land on the surface of the sun! Trying to get Andy to make another app, even though we'd made an audio engine, became increasingly difficult. My brother too, also a developer, ended up absolutely despising Apple, because once his Macbook Pro got to 10.7, it wouldn't accept any further build of XCode, unless one went out and purchased yet another computer.

I'm pleased Apple have finally come to their senses, but on the other hand it has seriously fucked up a whole load of other developers along the way- and users too. How many apps do I still have that are AB and IAA only? I emailed zMors earlier only to be told that AUv3 is on the planned list, but no promises as yet because of the lack of a sufficient SDK. It's all (again) a bit frustrating.