No midi out?

I’m trying to figure out how to route midi and midi clock to external gear. There is a midi send option but my external hosts do not show in choices.

Comments

• edited December 2018

midi send is for sending midi internally betweenn
    nanosudio tracks

For external
    midi out, you need add "External MIDI" instrument on track.

In instrument settings you can then specify HW midi out device, midi port and adjust latency compensation..

NS2 currently does 't send MIDI clock, but it is on todo list

more about MIDI out instrument here :
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/ExtMIDIInstrument.html

• @dendy said:
    midi send is for sending midi internally betweenn
    nanosudio tracks

For external
    midi out, you need add "External MIDI" instrument on track.

In instrument settings you can then specify HW midi out device, midi port and adjust latency compensation..

NS2 currently does 't send MIDI clock, but it is on todo list

Oh really? Is midi clock recieve on the todo?

• edited December 2018

@Audiogus i really hope yes, together with MMC :-)

We didn't discussed this too much , i think some "preparation" in code is already there it was just posponed because of lack of time, but i'm sure all midi syncing stuff is on Matt's radar...

Btw. didn't tested it, but there is app (can't remember name) which can translate Link to MIDI clock... would be happy to hear how it works and if it is stable...

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:
    Btw. didn't tested it, but there is app (can't remember name) which can translate Link to MIDI clock... would be happy to hear how it works and if it is stable...

The app is called Link To MIDI and there is another one called MIDI Link Sync