Whats up with the forum?!?

Whats up with the forum?!?

Admins?
Mods?

Comments

• edited February 2022

The developer doesn't frequent the forum. There are two mods that I know of. They drop by sporadically and clean things up. The spam comes back within a day or two.

I used to PM @Stiksi and @dendy over on the Audiobus forum when it would happen and usually that would trigger a cleanup within a few days. But as the spam has become more and more relentless, I've decided I no longer care. If there's not enough will on anyone's part to maintain a good look, I have better things to do than "trying to push a rope".

• I took a quick look at the registration page. There's only the most simple single-click captcha there. Probably if someone took the time to improve the captcha process, it might help bring things under control. I mean, even the Intua "ghost-town" forum has very little spam.

• Sorry guys! I’ve been side-tracked lately and hadn’t noticed that invasion of spambots.
    It was a bit crazy…

• Strange.

I can see notifications about replies, but cannot see the replies.

• Try another browser or device @tja. I'll bet it has something to do with ad blockers, other plugins, or cookie settings.

• Thanks for the cleanup @SlapHappy - it must be a tedious job.
    And now ... it appears the spammers are embedding comments into existing threads as well. :/

• Good to see this forum regaing consciousness

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

@number37 said:
    Try another browser or device @tja. I'll bet it has something to do with ad blockers, other plugins, or cookie settings.

Yes, @dendy hinted this to me.
    And it seems that disabling the regular Safari content blocker on iPad makes the postings visible.
    Very strange, as I don't have similar problems on the AB forum, also Vanilla.

• I just stopped by to say thanks for whatever it is that has nuked the SPAM! Hopefully that will help encourage more activity here. B)