External midi not working

I have everything routed right to control gadget 2 but nothing is being triggered what am I doing wrong? Gadget is set to advanced with the midi channels selected for the tracks nano is in external midi with gadget selected and the corresponding channels

Comments

• Is Background Audio enabled in both apps?

It's under Advanced Settings in Gadget.

• @number37 said:
    Is Background Audio enabled in both apps?

I tried I figured it out.... I had to go to the other midi setting in nano from the faders

• Could you please help me with a similar problem to this? On NanoStudio 2 I have Korg Gadget 2 working through the external midi but when I go to mix it down it says output file was silent

• @PUMP said:

@number37 said:

I tried I figured it out.... I had to go to the other midi setting in nano from the faders

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

Could you please help me with a similar problem to this? On NanoStudio 2 I have Korg Gadget 2 working through the external midi but when I go to mix it down it says output file was silent

• @Luke said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

Could you please help me with a similar problem to this? On NanoStudio 2 I have Korg Gadget 2 working through the external midi but when I go to mix it down it says output file was silent

Mix it down in Gadget? That makes sense. Gadget only mixes down based on notes in its internal sequencer. It has no way of mixing down based on external midi. The only way you could get a mix down is if you record the midi coming from NS2 into Gadget's sequencer. Exporting a midi file from NS2 and importing that in Gadget might work too, but if I remember correctly midi import into Gadget is a convoluted process.

Mixing it down in NS2? Not possible. The sound is never entering in to NS2 for NS2 to be able to render it. It's going directly from Gadget to the device output.

• @PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:
    I have everything routed right to control gadget 2 but nothing is being triggered what am I doing wrong? Gadget is set to advanced with the midi channels selected for the tracks nano is in external midi with gadget selected and the corresponding channels

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@Luke said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

Mix it down in Gadget? That makes sense. Gadget only mixes down based on notes in its internal sequencer. It has no way of mixing down based on external midi. The only way you could get a mix down is if you record the midi coming from NS2 into Gadget's sequencer. Exporting a midi file from NS2 and importing that in Gadget might work too, but if I remember correctly midi import into Gadget is a convoluted process.

Mixing it down in NS2? Not possible. The sound is never entering in to NS2 for NS2 to be able to render it. It's going directly from Gadget to the device output.

@number37 said:

@Luke said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@number37 said:

@Luke said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

@PUMP said:

@number37 said:

Almost close though what with getting Gadget to work through external midi but not able to mix it down is a sad shame though.

• @Luke said:

@number37 said:

Almost close though what with getting Gadget to work through external midi but not able to mix it down is a sad shame though.

If you have AUM or some other host that you can load Gadget (and optionally NS2) into, you can still record the audio out. I posted on one of the other threads about this.

• @number37 said:

@Luke said:

@number37 said:

If you have AUM or some other host that you can load Gadget (and optionally NS2) into, you can still record the audio out. I posted on one of the other threads about this.

I have Audiobus 3 just need to learn how to use it seems so complicated though

• edited February 2022

@Luke said:

@number37 said:

@Luke said:

@number37 said:

I have Audiobus 3 just need to learn how to use it seems so complicated though

Unfortunately Audiobus 3 isn't going to help you with this. You need something with a recorder and Audiobus 3 doesn't have one. Do you have AudioShare? That is one possibility, though not as good as AUM.

• The iOS music production ecosystem has gotten to be quite a puzzle. Just wondering what it would be like to figure all this out if I hadn’t started with iPhone 3G. Maybe there is a need for multi-app tutorials, or just workflow threads on this forum.

• @SlapHappy said:
    The iOS music production ecosystem has gotten to be quite a puzzle. Just wondering what it would be like to figure all this out if I hadn’t started with iPhone 3G. Maybe there is a need for multi-app tutorials, or just workflow threads on this forum.

You can find that info on the AudioBus forum

• Yeah. Lots of info on specific apps. I was wondering if one were starting from scratch as a newbie, right now, how do you even know about the Audiobus Forum? Are there general overview tutorials that explain the various apps needed? Could such tutorials, which are hard to create due to the variables involved, be a benefit to the devs? More a rhetorical question really. A bit of pondering on the state of iOS music production, which seems to suffer from a lack of new customers.