Can you Automate MixBox CS parameters?

Hello,

My name is Jorge, I'm from Chile.

I'm new here, I just bought mixbox cs (it's at 29.99 now) and I would like to automate a knob inside mixbox cs.

Is it possible?

Thank you!

Comments

• edited November 2021

Sorry, NS2 doesn't support automation of AUFx parameters.

There's a sort-of workaround, but I don't think I'd bother with it myself. https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/1912/hacky-workaround-for-allowing-aufx-automation

• What parameter do you wish to automate?

The only thing I miss in NS2 is auv3 fx automation - however in all but 1 of my cases I have always found a work-around with how NS2 works to achieve what I wanted to do.

Maybe we can find you a workaround using how NS2 works right now for what you want to do? Maybe we can’t, but I’m happy to try for you.

• edited November 2021

I always ask myself, “does automating this effect make a real contribution to my song?”. If I really feel I need it, my next question is, “can I do it with an NS2 effect?”. Often, I can achieve what I want. If absolutely not then export the audio, do the effect in AUM and re-import. Honestly, I’ve often found myself stripping fx out completely because, in the mix, they don’t sound the way they did in isolation or they just don’t contribute anything.

• edited November 2021

@anickt said:
    I always ask myself, “does automating this effect make a real contribution to my song?”. If I really feel I need it, my next question is, “can I do it with an NS2 effect?”. Often, I can achieve what I want. If absolutely not then export the audio, do the effect in AUM and re-import. Honestly, I’ve often found myself stripping fx out completely because, in the mix, they don’t sound the way they did in isolation or they just don’t contribute anything.

The first time I wanted to automate the effect level of Perforator was when I found out you couldn’t in NS2. However after thinking about it I put it on a dedicated Send channel, added a 2nd clean channel, grouped the outs of both and then sent the channel of my soundsource to both send channels. I set the mixer volume of my soundsource to zero and automated the send volumes to whichever send I wanted at that point in the song, using the group volume as the sound’s overall volume. This way I could easily automate 100% wet, 100% dry, and everything inbetween! The 2 send channels were basically working as inserts to my soundsource channel.

This gave me exactly what I had wanted! NS2’s routing and mixer is so flexible! It took a bit of thought but it was easy to do once I had the idea 👍

Other times I have used an effect but noticed that actually I could achieve the exact same thing (or so close you couldn’t tell) with NS2s effects - that ARE automate-able.