Best approach recording external synth knob changes?

Not sure but if I remember correctly you cannot record knob changes from external synths loaded in NS, perhaps in no daw at all. So how do you if you want to do this?
Set bpm the same and load it as a sample?

Comments

• Map the parameters of those knobs to macro knobs and record the movement of those. See the section "Macro Tools" in the manual: https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/AUInstrument.html

• Okay, i will look in to that right away. Thanks!

• edited March 2021

Sorry for bump, i figured it out but there are so many macros is there a way to search on name?
    Scrolling is a bit annoying.

Additional question, i have novation launchkey 25 v1 and the play stop record buttons are not working. Thought way back it worked, now not sure.

• There’s no search that I know of.

You can tap the numbers at the right of the list to jump to different parts of the list if that helps.

• @number37 said:
    There’s no search that I know of.

You can tap the numbers at the right of the list to jump to different parts of the list if that helps.

Not really for me at this moment until i write down the important ones. :) there is also a micro slider which let you browse quickly but still finicky because its a pretty small window.

I see they are grouped to certain parts of the synth so that is a bit more easy.