New track "When You Used To"

edited November 2020 in Creations

Haven't released this yet, I'm now switching over to the graphical side of it to finish, so if you hear something that's off, let me know! Started in NS, mostly stock instruments and effects with Poison 202, Synthmaster One, WOW, Perforator, iFX Rack (Auto Pan, AMP, crashing in ipadOS14.01), Adverb2, FAC Chorus, Blackhole and ShimmerFX. Then I mixed in Ableton and added synths and vocals and did some drum replacement. The mastering was in Ozone 8.

Comments

• @Stiksi fantastic track! Really good production, very crisp. The only things for me personally are:

1. Maybe add a bit more wash reverb on the vocal to and pull the vocal down a hair in the mix. It’s a bit overpowering and, for me, a bit more dry than lush for that genre and so it kind of sticks up front a bit.
    2. The percussion that comes in at the middle could come down a tad bit as well.

These are very personal opinions only so no change is also just fine. Excellent work!!!

• @drez said:
    @Stiksi fantastic track! Really good production, very crisp. The only things for me personally are:

1. Maybe add a bit more wash reverb on the vocal to and pull the vocal down a hair in the mix. It’s a bit overpowering and, for me, a bit more dry than lush for that genre and so it kind of sticks up front a bit.
    2. The percussion that comes in at the middle could come down a tad bit as well.

These are very personal opinions only so no change is also just fine. Excellent work!!!

Thanks! I’ll definitely look into those. Still kind of feeling around the levels, especially the verse/chorus relationship. I’m trying to be careful with vocal reverb because some of the other elements are basically only reverb and I don’t want to drown the mix in reverb. But there is a sharpness to the vocal that is a bit distracting so it’s an excellent note.

• @Stiksi you are badass man!;) great work! Wouldn’t dare to say anything myself here, I think it’s great 👍 you brought so much elements in together quite nicely;) I’m impressed

• @Cray23 said:
    @Stiksi you are badass man!;) great work! Wouldn’t dare to say anything myself here, I think it’s great 👍 you brought so much elements in together quite nicely;) I’m impressed

Cheers, mate!

• not sure how i came about this track but it does sound pretty good... the instrumentation is very well brought together

• @archie said:
    not sure how i came about this track but it does sound pretty good... the instrumentation is very well brought together

Thanks, I appreciate that! 🙂