Saving old projects with a new name does not reflect the new save date in the project

When I deleted everything from an old project I was working on (because I wanted to use the way I had set the project up for a new project, a bit like a template) I noticed that when I saved it with a new name it did not reflect the new date the project was created (being saved) on the project settings.

Comments

• "Save as" does not actually change the creation date – it's still the same project, just under a different name. You can try saving it as a template into the templates folder, maybe that will work.

• @Stiksi said:
    "Save as" does not actually change the creation date – it's still the same project, just under a different name. You can try saving it as a template into the templates folder, maybe that will work.

Yes, but if you do save a project under a different name, then it's a different project and the (new) date created should be reflected on the home page.

• Humm ... that's debatable IMO. I would prefer to keep the original creation date myself. If I wanted to have it work the way you describe, I'd save it as a template.